Hey there all!
Here is another small application I coded in few hours. It was requested few days ago by turbojet
, hence the idea for the name "popBD":turbojet@doom9:
What I am mainly looking for is kind of like a very stripped down version of multiAVCHD that can convert mkv to BD with accessibility and simplicity being the main priority.
Basic operation would be: get mkvinfo, make meta, run tsmuxer, burn with imgburn, optionally split in half with mkvmerge, which is useful to split a BD9 to 2 BD5's or some really long movies into 2 BD5's or BD9's.
For simplicity just a simple gui with an input box (drag and drop too)... with these options: image, burn, delete auxdata directory (for samsung players), mux directory (defaults to mkv dir), image directory (defaults to mkv dir), default mux dir, default image dir.
multiAVCHD is a must have tool when dealing with multiple files. However if it's an mkv that fills a dvd5 or dvd9... there are many times I wished with that I could pop in a dvd and press a button and in 15 minute it would pop out a burned disk that I could play in a BD player. I also think this is something other people would want...
So, here it is:Download links:
Full package: popBD ver 0.7 http://multiAVCHD.deanbg.com/popBD/
Using it is really simple. One feature of interest is that it supports TWO volumes (for writing to TWO DVD discs).
For example if you're using a MKV file that exceeds 4GB limit, popBD will split it (at the selected size) and will create second folder (AVCHD_2). Be advised that max of TWO volumes is supported. Then you can burn two discs and get 2xDVD5s of about 8GB, 2xDVD9s - 16GB or 2xBD25 and get 50GB movie playable on your SAP/PS3.
* mkv/ts/m2ts/mts/mpeg/mpg support
* external SRT or SUP subtitles
* external AC3/DTS/LPCM audio tracks
* chapters from MKV/*TS/MPG or external chapters (in movie.txt file with HH:MM:SS format, space/";"/new line delimited)
* STOP after DVD/BD playback (no loop)
* split for volume 2 with correct start offset
* one pass processing - no intermediate/temporary muxing/splitting
* external applications used: mkvinfo/tsmuxer (mediainfo/mkvextract only if using original chapters)
* tsMuxeR in version 0.6 is updated to 1.9.9. popBD will not work properly with older tsMuxeR versions
Please test it and share your comments.
***23/02/2010Since build 732 (Version 4.0) of multiAVCHD volume split for up to 1000 volumes is supported. I strongly suggest to use multiAVCHD's volume split, instead of popBD's.